Got lots of new devices this Christmas? Not sure how to set them up or get them working on the Internet? Call RenoGeek for a service call to get your new toys up and running fast. A quick appointment with Renogeek can help you get data transferred from your old computers to your new ones. As well as making sure your new devices are secure and setup correctly from the start.
And don’t forget to protect your ID. Don’t just toss your old devices in the trash. Make sure all your data has been expertly removed so others can not recover it from your used equipment .
Over the last month RenoGeek has been getting new reports from our computer repair clients that scammers have been calling them saying that their computer is infected. Then these fake technicians launch into a high pressure sales pitch telling clients that they must repair their system immediately or some dire consequence will occur or that they will have to be reported to some law enforcement agency if they do not go ahead with a “repair”.
These scammers will name drop companies that people are aware of such as Microsoft or Norton to make them seem more legitimate.
Please be aware that no real company will call you to instigate an emergency computer repair or virus removal.
RenoGeek recommends that if you get such a call to hang up immediately and not to answer followup phone calls from them.
If you have had such a “repair” done by these scammers or let them into your computer to show you some kind of infection or damage they are claiming you have, RenoGeek recommends you call your regular computer repair professional to make sure your systems security has not been breached or your data stolen.
If you do not already have such a professional technician. Please consider calling RenoGeek for help with this and your other PC support needs.
Microsoft has announced that it will end it’s program to upgrade users of Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 for free on July 29th 2016. After the free offer ends users will have to buy Windows 10 as they have had to do with other versions of Windows in the past. Please contact RenoGeek if you need help in upgrading your system before the free offer expires.
It seems that Microsoft is pushing end users harder and harder to upgrade to the latest operating system. And with that upgrade comes the need to learn how to navigate the new O/S, making older software work with the new version of Windows and finding newer drivers so that Windows will work with all your hardware. Not to mention setting up security to work well on this new O/S and changing the default privacy settings to increase your safety and protect your identity.
While all this sounds like a up hill battle with your system, RenoGeek can help you make the transition to Windows 10 less painful. Call today to find out what we can do for you. Right at your home or office.
Since 2005 RenoGeek has been offering onsite computer repair and maintenance services to clients in Reno, NV. Now well into our 10th year we are lucky enough to have been able to have built a diverse computer support business.
Offering award winning repair, training and general assistance to both personal and business customers alike.
A small list of the computer support we provide would include…
- Computer repairs. Done by a real computer technician with thousands of successful computer repairs and system builds during his career.
- Advanced virus removal, using specialized in-house hardware and software. As well as industry standard tools. Overseen by a computer programmer with over forty years in the field.
- Superior data recovery with the ability to retrieve lost files from the oldest devices to the newest solid state drives found in tablets and other “smart” hardware.
- Backup support and training. Creating and then showing you and your employees how to make reliable backups that safeguard your important data.
- Security training and support. Making sure your security measures are up to date and that your data is always safe.
- Website hosting. RenoGeek can design and host almost any website. And you get to work with a local programmer who will help you build your pages and brand.
- Helpful advice. Unlike many we don’t ask you for a credit card just to ask a few computer help questions. We don’t take advantage of people looking to answer a quick question. Need some quick help? Call us!